Students and Alumni
Our mission: provide students and alumni with all the tools and skills they need, and the best possible opportunities to maximise their professional development. We have a range of initiatives in place to achieve this
We have over
agreements in place to get you working
Business placement programme
Our external academic placements are a training initiative undertaken by students and supervised by CUNEF with the aim of supplementing the knowledge acquired in class, underpinning the acquisition of skills to prepare students for professional life so as to increase their employability and expand their entrepreneurial capacity. They can be performed at the University itself or at such partner bodies as companies, institutions and public and private entities at the national and international level. CUNEF has more than 750 such agreements in place with different companies. To be eligible for a business placement, students must be enrolled throughout the duration of the placement on any of the educational courses provided by CUNEF. Business placements represent a fundamental adjunct to training, and mark the first step in entering the professional world. They can be combined with study, and will help you:
- Supplement your training with a practical focus applied to professional reality.
- Acquire practical experience of the working methodologies used at the company.
- Develop a range of technical and attitudinal skills.
- Obtain practical experience that will then make it easier for you to enter the world of work.
- Underpin such values of innovation, creativity, enterprise and many more.
There are two formats of external academic placement:
- Curricular: these form a part of the Course Curriculum. This format corresponds to the External Placement subject which is a feature of a number of graduate and postgraduate courses.
- Extracurricular: undertaken by students on a voluntary basis during their education, without forming part of the corresponding course curriculum.
CUNEF Career Centre is the platform allowing our students (both undergraduate and postgraduate) to define their professional plans, interact with the corporate world and find the best match for their profile and interests from among a host of placement and employment opportunities.
In 2018 our students had access to 8,433 placement and employment offers:
- 927 offers set aside exclusively for CUNEF students.
- 506 national and international offers advertised by companies associated with JobTeaser.
The system also operates as a forum and networking tool where companies actively publish information of great interest:
- Videos describing the jobs on offer.
- Key details giving an insight into the employer companies, allowing you to prepare for your interviews in depth.
- Tips and recommendations offered by human resources and recruiting managers.
- Events and presentations at the CUNEF Campus and at other locations
- Competitions and business cases…
Register at the CUNEF Career Centre with your email address, set up your personal space, activate alerts to receive advertisements, and start taking part in those recruitment processes that best match your profile.
El 88% de nuestros alumnos encuentra empleo 6 meses antes de terminar sus estudios
The platform providing you with access to a host of international placement and employment offers. Register at CUNEF Highered Talent with your email address, set up your personal space, activate alerts to receive advertisements and start taking part in those international recruitment processes that best match your profile.
Passport to your future
‘Passport to your future’ is a professional advice programme for CUNEF Postgraduate students. Under the scheme, consultants with extensive recruitment experience accompany and assist students in boosting their professional performance. The programme includes two types of activity:
- Practical workshops at which the participants develop their skills in key areas:
- Guidelines for writing and presenting a CV and cover letter
- Where and how to look for job opportunities
- How to address the different selection processes conducted by companies
- Understand their strengths and areas for improvement to develop their Personal Brand
- How to use social media to improve employability (Linkedin).
- Individual mentoring sessions at which professional mentors allow participants to draw on all their know-how so as to help focus the future professional development of CUNEF undergraduate and master’s students.